Noord-Brabant - Principal Java DeveloperTo Shape The Future Of Food Experiences
As a Java developer, you will focus on the backend of our e-commerce platform. Working for us means working in an international agile-minded working environment with many technical challenges. Our e-commerce platform has to keep up with our everyday growing customer base, and that's why we are looking for the best developers. Are you a software craftsman who, can write maintainable, clean, and testable code, but can also contribute to the development of the team? Then this is your chance to join our development family!Our Tech Campus: where it all happens
We have great ambition on our online presence in the Netherlands. Last year our e-commerce turnover doubled. We are transforming into a more technology-focused company. In ourTech Campus, all technical professionals are brought together. We are organized based on agile principles and our 300 IT professionals work in multi-disciplinary scrum teams. You will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So, you will be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!There is no I in us
As a Java developer, you will be part of one of the scrum teams. Each scrum team has all the skills to implement a user story from A to Z. Your agile team consists of developers, business analyst, tester, scrum master, product owner, and DevOps engineers. Together you will work in sprints of two weeks.
We give a lot of autonomy and responsibility to people. Within teams we expect you to take ownership and to help the team improve continuously. At our Tech Campus, we want to write maintainable, clean code. We review each other's code and try to learn from each other whenever we can. We continuously test and analyze the performance of our system to keep up with our ever-growing customer base.
Whether it's our order management system, website, or apps; the backend of our e-commerce platform is crystal clear to you. We strive to make online shopping for our customers better every day and, as a Java developer, you can add value in many ways: you create and improve features, work on performance, user experience or clean up technical debt.Your main tasks as a Java developer
- You play an important role in re-architecting our platform from a monolithic architecture to a Microservices architecture deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- You write maintainable and clean code which you continuously test
- You will be part of one of our scrum teams and work closely with front-end developers and DevOps engineers. All our teams are agile, working in Scrum or Kanban.
- You try to coach other team members as much as possible: review each others code and try to learn from each other
We are looking for Java developers with a passion for their craft, who care about the code's quality and the products they create. You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Java developer, preferably in an e-commerce environment;
- You are a software craftsman. You care about the code you write, and you promote software development best practices and principles within the team and the department;
- You have experience with Java 12, Spring Framework, JUnit, Hibernate, and Tomcat as well as with development tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef, and Maven;
- The code you write is shipped with tests. TDD is not a must, but encouraged;
- Continuous delivery is not a mystery to you;
- In Git we trust!
You will get to the top of our list if you:
- Have experience with other languages like Scala or Kotlin;Know about web services using SOAP or REST communication protocols and message queuing;
- Can't live with technical debt and you advocate why it's important to pay it off;
- Are flexible enough to work in standby shifts now and then;
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. We will offer you plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Also, you will be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge, and memes with.Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more important:
- We value your code more than your dress code;
- We are a food retailer so of course, you can have a delicious lunch in our food café;we are a family company so we want you to become part of our “Jumbo Tech Campus” family;
- We will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time;
- We offer a working environment in which you can learn, grow and have lots of fun! For example, you can participate in our daily foosball competition.
Java Spring Framework JUnit Git Hibernate Tomcat Jenkins Chef Maven TDD AWS Scrum Kanban
Within 3 months
Yes, we are able to provide a visa/work permit