Amsterdam - Cloud Principal
We accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Our Club Practice Group
This role sits within one of our Clubs (business unit) in a senior team called a Practice Group. These people will inspire and challenge you to grow into exceptional digital experts, through teaching, mentoring, coaching and thought leadership. While creating spaces beyond the day to day to guide clients on how best to approach their problems. Finally, as a Principal, you will collaborate with our stakeholders in the business development process, applying your skills to qualify the potential and maximise the value of new engagements.
The Tech Part
As a Cloud Principal, you will be a hands-on, senior cloud engineer specialist working across a Club’s portfolio of clients, onsite and in multi-skilled delivery teams. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Be a specialist in one cloud provider / cloud specialism area with associated cloud certifications up to an expert or professional level.
- Demonstrate Infrastructure as code expertise with AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud technologies.
- Illustrate deep experience in projects involving AWS, Azure, GCP, etc, carrying out Cloud Migrations and Cloud Native operations .
- Exhibit experience of IAC tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible or chef etc.
- Exhibit experience of using Docker or Kubernetes.
- Identify individual needs for each developer you pair with, tailoring your approach to your pair-ee
- Assist clients on the cloud journey, provide a cloud strategy in technical terms that allows them to build solid foundations for the cloud provider they choose.
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines confidently and lead teams to implement a variety of branching strategies, dependency management, pipeline security, RBAC , etc.
- Be an active member of the Interviewing team
- Remain hands on by championing and influencing the technical direction of projects
- Provide guidance and strategic advice to clients; be able to observe the problems closely and propose solutions
- Coach, mentor and upskill a team through implementing cloud best practices such as code reviews, pair programming and CI/CD
- Be hands-on with development teams; you’ll understand what good looks like and guide them to visualise the bigger picture
- Give and receive regular feedback to help the developer community within your Club to develop and be more effective on client projects
We understand not every Principal has the same path. We would like to hear from you if you enjoy;
- Being close to cloud engineering
Either preferring to be generalist across a number of disciplines OR you favour being a deep specialist in one area.
- Being plugged into the industry
Either having the ability to speak at events and meet-ups OR prefer writing tech blogs and thought pieces
- Being part of a team
Either being driven by the opportunity to line manage and career coach OR desire to be a skills coach, unearthing deeper cloud skills in others
- Being encouraged to think beyond today
Either desire to one day get into commercials, proposals and Club management OR desire to one day be a senior advisor on a tech/discipline board, remaining as close to the code as possible.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form and we’ll be in touch.
aws docker kubernetes gcp Googlecloud Alibabacloud terraform azure cloud
Yes, we are able to provide a visa/work permit